Thursday, February 18, 2010

Great Song: "Big Ol' Chad and Alina"

We all know someone named Chad. Google's most popular "Chad" today is "Chad Murray" (that's an image of Mr. Murray on the right). I've never heard of him. Maybe some of you have. How many of you are familiar with the Chad Mitchell Trio, though?

Google's most popular "Alina," today is "Alina Simone" (that's Ms. Simone above on the left). Again, I had never heard of her before I just did that search.

I had never heard of someone named "Alina," until I heard the following song by the Steve Miller Band about a woman named "Alina" who is apparently dating a large, old man named "Chad" ("big, ol' Chad," as they call him). She doesn't want him to take her too far away.

I was an adult before I realized that this song is my own personal "Mondegreen."

No comments:

Post a Comment